THE TIME HAS COME… THE FIRST ONLINE COURSE ABOUT JAPANESE CULTURE IS HERE!
I apologize for all these capital letters, they look a little loud; but the announcement is huge, it really is! I’ve been working very hard on this course for the past couple of months, so it’s with a little pride that I present you “First Time Japan”.
Japanese culture for travelers
When I started creating this course, I was a little overwhelmed by the possibilities: I had a lot of ideas, and I couldn’t focus properly. Finally, I moved away from the computer, and I put on some earplugs.
How to travel to Japan for the first time
The idea is to help people to plan their first trip to Japan. Why do you need help for such a travel? Well, there are a lots of info that you might find useful because:
- you want to know how to properly travel to Japan alone
- you are planning your trip and you need some advice on itineraries and local traditions
- you want to discover japanese culture and tradition for work or study purpose
If you fall in any of these categories, this course might be just right for you!
What you will find in this online course?
First and foremost: the course is online, and it’s in english. You will find four different sections:
- General introduction about Japan
- Japanese Geography
- Japanese Politics
- Seasons and climates: when to go to Japan?
- Japanese History
- Ancient times in Japan
- Japanese Middle ages
- Modern times and Edo era in Japan
- Contemporary Japan
- Japanese Religions and spirituality
- Intro to the topic: what is a religion? And what is religion in Japan?
- Shinto – the ancient religion of Japan – and its history
- Buddhism in Japan
- Japanese New Religions
- Practical tips to plan your travel to Japan
- Japanese Etiquette and behaviour
- Practical advice: how to move around Japan? Do you need a visa to travel to Japan? What should you pack for Japan?
- Where to go in Japan: itineraries to discover Japan off the beaten path, exploring the Tohoku, the Shikoku or the Kyushu islands
Each section has a very short quiz, just to help you gather all the information.
For each lesson, you will have a video part and a text part.
What are you waiting for? Japan is waiting for you, enroll now!